Here is the latest from the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA):
1. If you think you are going to need assistance from the SBA – start preparing NOW (READ: NOW NOW NOW!!) – Prepare your previous 12 months of payroll (wages, tips, health care benefits, and insurance). This will be one of the basis to determine SBA assistance.
2. SBA Economic Injury Disaster Advance Loan
As per the SBA:
In response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, small business owners in all U.S. states, Washington D.C., and territories are eligible to apply for an Economic Injury Disaster Loan advance of up to $10,000.
This advance will provide economic relief to businesses that are currently experiencing a temporary loss of revenue. Funds will be made available within three days of a successful application. This loan advance will not have to be repaid.
Apply for the Loan Advance here.
3. SBA Coronavirus Economic Injury Disaster Loan
SBA is offering low-interest federal disaster loans for working capital to (a) small businesses or (b) private nonprofit organizations that are suffering substantial economic injury as a result of the Coronavirus.
- – Your business must be experiencing a business loss due to COVID-19
- – Entities may qualify for loans up to $2 million
- – Maximum unsecured loan amount is $25,000
- – Interest rates: 3.75% for small business; 2.75% for private nonprofits
- – Term – up to 30 years
- – Use of funds: working capital, paying fixed debts, payroll, accounts payable, other bills that could have been paid had the disaster not occurred
- – Loans are NOT intended to replace lost sales or profits or for expansion
- – There is no obligation to take the loan if offered
- – Applicants can have an existing SBA loan or other SBA loan and still qualify for this disaster loan. Loans cannot be consolidated.
- – Acceptable credit history
- – Proven ability to repay the loan
- – Collateral for loans over $25,000
You will need to set up a username & password at the SBA loan application program:
You will be applying for an Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL).