We’re the most experienced and comprehensive community and economic development nonprofit in the country.
For over five decades, we have worked to improve the lives of millions of people through new economic opportunity and community improvement, in every one of the 50 states, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands.
The most meaningful part of our work is witnessing conditions improve in the communities we serve.
We believe in equity, opportunity, and prosperity for all.
Grow America invests capital to craft
equitable, vibrant futures.
Founded as a national nonprofit in 1969, Grow America, formerly NDC, has worked for over half a century fulfilling our mission to increase the flow of capital for investment in low-income communities. We direct capital to support the development and preservation of affordable housing, the creation of jobs through training and small business lending, and the advancement of livable communities through investment in social infrastructure.
We’ve trained more than
community and economic development professionals over the last 45 years.
Grow America acts as partner, teacher, advisor, investor, developer and lender, bringing together technical know-how and capital for community and economic investment.
We work with local and state governments and community-based organizations to help them create and implement their own unique economic and community development strategies.
Over the years, our programs and services have evolved to reflect the changing policy environment, adding services and products to meet emerging needs. We provide technical assistance, professional training, small business lending, debt and equity financing for residential, commercial, public, and nonprofit facilities. Our nationally-recognized training programs help build a professional workforce in economic and community development that can advance and sustain progress in their communities.
- $1.26B in Equity creating 16,743 housing units
- Financed over $2.6 billion of social infrastructure through public-private partnerships
- Loaned more than $675 million to over 5,000 small businesses (mostly minority or women-owned)
- Financed 96 projects using New Markets Tax Credits (NMTCs), leveraging an additional $2.2 billion in financing for community facilities, mixed-use real estate projects and growing businesses
- Provided technical assistance that has enabled our client communities to generate hundreds of millions of dollars of additional private and public investment for their community and economic development projects and programs
Our net asset ratio is over